How many Canadians remember the results of the Canadian federal election in 2015? It was a majority Liberal government under Justin Trudeau’s leadership. How did that happen?
It happened because the Liberals and the liberal media convinced voters that the Trudeau Liberals were different from the Adscam Liberals. They were “sunny ways” from beginning to end! Transparent, fair and equitable!
And, most important, of course, unlike the Harper Conservatives, the Liberal Cabinet would not be governing from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). No, no, never!
What hogwash that spin was.
Here we are, only a year and a half later and we now know that these new Liberals are just as arrogant and entitled as the old ones — perhaps even more so.
A few examples of that attitude:
(1) The Trudeau Liberals continually try to shut down opposition debate and standing orders in the House of Commons by pretending they are trying to “modernize it.” In fact, the Liberals recently tried to change parliamentary rules so that the PM only had to be in Question Period once a week;
(2) Trudeau Cabinet Ministers take no personal responsibility to resign when they have been caught in outright lies. For example, Minister Maryam Monsef and the Liberal Party of Canada lied during the 2015 election campaign about where she was born– Iran as opposed to Afghanistan. Then, this past week, we learned that Defence Minister Harjjit Sajjan claimed to be Operation Medusa architect when he was not. A mistake? For sure. But an untruth nonetheless.
(3) PM Trudeau said in January, 2017, that the Liberals were going to end the cash-for-access Liberal fundraising. Well, he did something but it wasn’t to end them. We learned this week, he simply tweaked the policy around the edges. All they are going to change is to claim that all Liberal fundraising events are open to the public. Yea, sure. What non-Liberal is going to pay big bucks to attend such a partisan event?
(4) PM Trudeau billed Canadians taxpayers $127,000 for a Christmas vacation on a billionaires private island. That certainly takes a certain moxie of entitlement doesn’t it? So much for helping the middle class taxpayer.
(5) Then, of course, there is the issue of the role of staff in the PMO. Remember how the Liberals and liberal media berated the Harper PMO as too controlling. Well, guess what? The PMO under Trudeau is even more controlling. In fact, there are jokes that the PM’s senior adviser Gerald Butts is the man behind the curtain — meaning the real PM. Remember too that each Minister was given their marching orders after being sworn in.
(6) Today I learned that political correctness and identity politics is now running the country’s university human resource departments. Specifically, Chris Hannay of the Globe and Mail writes about the “targets” universities have to meet in terms of diversity of hiring — if they don’t want to lose their federal research chair funds. Pathetic to say the least.
Of course, I could go on and on (e.g., I didn’t even get into their outdated and unrealistic climate policies) but I believe my point is clear. Liberal progressive ideology is destroying the very fabric of Canada. The crux of the matter is that 2019 can’t come soon enough for Canadian voters to show the Trudeau gang the door.